Fiduciary Responsibility to Our Clients
Investment Insight Wealth Management, LLC is a Registered Investment Adviser, and as such, always maintains a “fiduciary standard” with respect to investing client funds. Maintaining a fiduciary role means that when evaluating and recommending investment strategies, we must take several important factors into account, such as risk tolerance, time frame to invest, investment experience, and investment expenses to name a few, and make appropriate recommendations that are always in the best interest of our clients.
Are you aware that Registered Investment Adviser firms maintain a fiduciary role are held to a higher standard of behavior with respect to investing client funds than many competing financial companies that you may invest with? Brokerage firms, insurance companies, mutual fund companies and banks work within the “suitability standard”, which means that an investment necessarily doesn’t have to be the best product to fit your circumstances just appropriate. In other words, there can be high sales charges, higher than average management expenses, fees that are unnecessary and hidden, as well as products sold that may help clients meet a particular goal, just in ways that are not expeditious.
Examples of the suitability standard might be an insurance company that sells you a whole life policy as the primary way of funding your child’s education, a brokerage firm that sell a client a mutual fund with high sales charges and management fees, or a bank that allows its customers to invest in a passbook account when they can invest in a money market in the same bank that pays more interest, is liquid, and has the same FDIC insurance.
You get the picture. The suitability standard can put the broker, agent or financial firm’s financial interest ahead of the clients; whereas as firms working within the fiduciary standard must always put the client’s financial needs first.
Our firm maintains its fiduciary role in several ways.
- We are an independent firm, which eliminates many of the conflicts of interest that are so prevalent in the financial services industry today. This means we don’t have to offer any company’s products.
- We can simply make investments based solely on the merits of the investment itself.
- We custody client accounts one of the country’s largest discount brokerage firms.
- We do not accept commission for placing our client’s money in investment products.
- We are fee based, work on our client’s behalf, and are paid by our clients for our services.
- We maintain a policy of full disclosure of our fees and services, and maintain written polices of such for client review.